There is nothing quite like travelling. I mean who hates travelling. Travelling is generally a pleasurable experience. One of the significant perks of travelling is finding & keeping inner balance. I think traveling is one of the happiest things that everyone wants to do. It also boosts your confidence & communication skill. Just think of it – lifetime memories, breathtaking experiences, adventures and many unexpected exciting experiences. So here it is, the top 10 most visited places you should visit during winter.
1) Manali – Himachal Pradesh
– Manali is a high-altitude resort town in northern state Himachal. Manali is a favourite place for honeymoon couples. It’s Manu Market and Khara bazar are very famous for woollen clothing and shawls. Also, it’s a jumping-off point for paragliding, rafting and mountaineering in the Pir Panjal mountains.
2) Shimla – Himachal Pradesh
– Shimla is also located in Himachal. Shimla is also called ‘Queen of Hills’. Shimla is also blessed with natural scenic beauty, crafts made of wood, etc. It is also well known for its Victorian architecture. Also, there are many places people can visit in Shimla like Jakhoo Hill, Christ Church, etc. Also, hill station witnesses heavy snowfall in December during Christmas and New Year. With all these, Shimla included in the top 10 most visited places in winter.
3) Goa – Goa
– Goa is one of the most popular destinations for young people. Goa is famous for its beaches and places of worship. Calangute, Baga, Morjim and Anjuna are popular beaches in Goa. The staple food of the people of Goa is rice and fish curry. Goa is also known for Cashew nut (Kaju). Also, major attractions include Dudhsagar Falls, Aguada Fort, Bom Jesus basilica Church, etc. Deltin Royale is one of the best casinos in Goa.
4) Munnar – Kerela
– If you don’t visit Munnar, my friends please visit this natural beauty. It is one of the most visited places in India. Munnar is a town and hill station located in Kerela. Munnar is blessed with the fruits of nature. Atukkad Waterfalls, Photo Point, Kundala Dam & Lake, 2,695m-tall Anamudi Peak, etc are the famous tourist places. Munnar is also called ‘Kashmir of South India’.
5) Alleppey Backwater – Kerela
– Alleppey is also called Alappuzha. It is the most popular and most visited places in India. Alleppy is a city on the Laccadive Sea in the southern Indian state of Kerala. It is called ‘Venice of the East’. Alleppey is best known for its houseboats cruises in backwaters, paddy fields and lagoons. Alappuzha is also known as a traditional business hub of Kerela.
6) Great Rann of Kutch – Gujarat
– The Great Rann of Kutch is the Thar Desert in the Kutch District of Gujarat. It is also reputed to be the largest salt desert in the world. ‘Rann Utsav‘ is an awesome festival of Kutch. It is a Carnival of Dance, Music, Nature Beauty of White Rann. The duration of Rann Utsav is basically October to February.
7) Auli – Uttarakhand
– Auli is a Himalayan ski resort and hill station of Uttarakhand. Auli is best known for Snow Skiing. It is covered in the artificial snow all throughout the year. It has a very cool and pleasant climate and the right period to spend relaxing moments. November to January is the best time to visit Auli.
8) Shillong – Meghalaya
– Shillong is a hill station in Meghalaya. It is known for the manicured gardens at Lady Hydari Park. It is also famous for waterfalls, parks, rolling hills, limestone caves, orange honey, etc. Shillong is also called ‘Scotland of the East’.
9) Jaipur – Rajasthan
– Jaipur is also the most visited place in winter. It is also called as ‘Pink City’. The ideal time for tourists for sightseeing and shopping is from November to March. There are lots of temples, historical sites, forts & palaces in Jaipur. Its a family destination as well as you can go with your friends. Jaipur Literature Festival is a famous literary festival in Asia.
10) Leh Ladakh – Jammu & Kashmir
– It is one of the most popular and most visited places in winter. If you love trekking then this is the best place to do it. You should take River rafting experience in Zanskar Valley. Road Trip to Leh Ladakh is the dream of every travler. Also, Thiksey & Likir Monastery is a tourist attraction. If you love winter then Leh Ladakh is the best place to explore your winter.
So, here it is the top 10 most visited places in winter. For more updates on travel world stay tuned with offbeatstravels.